Job Title: Bid Financial Manager (with fluent English)
Job ID: 285166
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Org Marketing Statement
Unisys is a worldwide information technology services and solutions company. We provide consulting, systems integration, outsourcing and infrastructure services, combined with powerful enterprise server technology. We specialize in helping clients use information to create efficient, secure business operations that allow them to achieve their business goals. Our consultants and industry experts work with clients to understand their business challenges and create greater visibility into critical linkages throughout their operations.
Unisys Global Services Hungary (UGSH) opened its Budapest office in January 2007 providing business process outsourcing and technical help desk services to its prestigious clients across Europe.
Day to Day Work
At the Corporate level, Financial Planning & Analysis/ Operation Analysis provides forecasting and planning on an enterprise wide basis to insure that the Business Unit forecasts, plans and strategies are consistent with Corporate wide goals and strategic initiatives. Assists in determining intermediate goals and contingency plans. Provides support to senior management on special projects and analyses. At the Business Unit or location level FP&A provide analysis, forecasting and planning appropriate to that organization. Pricing is responsible for applying applicable techniques/strategies to develop recommended list prices for products, services, and/or prices for individual deals/proposals. Each category requires knowledge of company policies, products/services, markets and customers. Contracts and Proposals is responsible for financially compiling and approving all pricing proposals prior to presentation to the customer by the sales representative. This may require direct interface with customers, channel partners and Unisys manufacturing locations. Administers discounts, trade-ins, gross margins and cash implications. Also reviews the terms and conditions of customer contracts and consistency with the proposals. Insures deals comply with company policy and government regulations (where applicable). Fully qualified professional with some years working experience. Provides comprehensive services and has technical knowledge to solve complex problems. Understands Unisys business strategy and is able to operate successfully with little supervision.
TheBid Financial Manager- as member of the bid finance management team - is dedicated to pre-sales activities with some post sale contract changes and pricing tool maintenance. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Understand overview of solution proposed
- Model alternative solution scenarios as required documenting all pricing related assumptions
- Communicate headline capital and cash flow solution considerations/conflicts driven by solution and client requirements
- Engage with Unisys leasing if required
- Ensure a plan to deliver solution and costing is in place and aligned to corporate approvals and client deadlines
- Benchmark Setting - set and validate the target price
- Contribute to challenge and improved costing and pricing efficiency
- Communicate client price tables and formats to bid team members. Costing formats and detail must comply to enable these to be completed
- Risk review - validation and valuation
- Track and version control financial impact of solution changes
- Produce final client pricing tables
- Track and manage BAFO and negotiation changes
- Ensure compliance on all bids to corporate standards and SOX requirements. Assist commercial management with completion of Revenue Recognition Checklist, FLaP and Contract Approval Memo.
The following objectives are within the remit of the role:
- Develop and share best practices and lessons learned from individual bids
- Utilise client feedback to bid submissions to improve future bid responses and pricing benchmarks.
- Be responsible for risk valuation within the bid lifecycle
- Be pro-active in monitoring and enhancing the pricing guide book.
- Give support and assistance to other bid team members as required, to ensure bid financial management provides an effective and value adding function throughout the business.
- Implement and monitor a quality assurance program to validate and improve on a continuous basis the outputs from the Budapest team
- Promote, advertise and present at Unisys internal events the Budapest team, the contribution and areas for improvement
Commercial knowledge and business understanding (minimum 5 years of experience)
- Relevant experience of having operated the commercial relationship with particular customers
- Relevant experience and evidence of successful communication with management
- Financial knowledge:
- Understand the concepts of revenue, margin, cash flow and receivables to ensure that the financial framework is workable from a Unisys business objective. The programmes must have a payment profile which generates positive cash flow (constructed P&L examples)
- Presentation,Analytical and Reportingskills
- Fluent English both written and spoken
Deadline of application submission: 28th January 2015, 12:00 pm.
In return, we offer a competitive compensation package and the exciting opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing international company. Successful applicants can look forward to challenging career prospects.