Bathing Water Specialist, Infrastructure - Sussex, Worthing, BN111
In the first half of 2014, Southern Water combined their Asset Management and Capital delivery operations to create one Infrastructure Directorate. This new operating model has been established to deliver significant efficiency savings. In addition, Infrastructure are developing an in-house Engineering & Technical capability to provide optimal whole-life cost solutions to satisfy investment needs and customer & business outcomes.
As part of its strategic delivery for the next five year business plan (AMP6) six sub-divisions have been created:
• Water Quality & Environmental Policy
• Strategic Planning
• Integrated Planning
• Investment Programme Management
• Engineering & Technical Solutions
As a result of this restructuring initiative, the company has created a substantial number of new roles and responsibilities. New roles have been designed to maximise capability, unlock engineering potential, attract and retain talent in the business, driving efficiencies and collaboration, thereby revitalising our future.
Within the Infrastructure Directorate we are expanding our Strategic Planning team to meet our future challenges. This is an influential team who develop our five to 25 year strategic plans and ensure successful implementation of our delivery strategies in order to meet our promises to customers and our statutory requirements.
A key role within this Strategic Planning team is a Bathing Water Specialist. This position is responsible for specialist technical advice with regard to bathing water compliance, root cause analysis, risk assessment, investigations and the business case for bathing water investment programmes
The role acts as an expert client for strategic studies (coastal and inland) with external support and through consultants. It also requires interaction and close working with teams across the business.
The successful candidate will have:
• Significant understanding of the regulatory, scientific and coastal / network modelling requirements for successful bathing water compliance programme/s
• Significant experience in bathing water compliance and marine investigations including source-pathway-receptor approaches
• A track record of acting as expert client or delivery partner for bathing water compliance investigations and investment programme development. Including experience and ability to technically review and manage consultants' work
• A track record of representing organisation/s with specialist advice and presenting complex material to senior managers, directors, regulators and stakeholders
• Experience of working with specialist software / tools to analyse information
• A Science, Engineering or other numerate subject Degree
• A post graduate qualification in Science, Engineering, Water or Environment is desirable
This role is based in Southern Water's Durrington offices, in Worthing, West Sussex
If you are talented, we should be talking.
Please mention WaterJobs when responding to this Job Posting.Link megjelenítése" width="0" height="0" />