The Accountant will directly support the Accounting Centre Balance Sheet Reconciliation Manager. The Person will work and communicate directly with the local team based in India. The company is well known global financial services provider.
Balance Sheet Reconciliation Accountant
- Agree monthly activity calendar with the accounting team to ensure that all reconciliations are prepared on time.
- Liaise with local accounting team and local offices to ensure that all necessary support is provided in accordance with the activity calendar.
- Follow up with the local staff to ensure that all reconciling items have appropriate action plans, with defined owners and timelines for clearance.
- Monitor reconciliations on a monthly/quarterly basis to ensure that outstanding items are being cleared in accordance with defined plans.
- Maintain the list of balance sheet reconciliations to ensure that it is up to date, that the descriptions and basis of reconciliation are accurate and that all accounts have suitable reviewers assigned.
- Where required, be actively involved in the off shoring initiative, ensuring that the Accountants receive all necessary supporting documentation and organise training sessions for all groups accounts with local SMEs.
- Complete the Balance Sheet Exposure reports on a quarterly basis, ensuring that all exposures are adequately disclosed
- 3+ years experience
- Qualified accountant (preferred)
- Experience in Balance sheet reconciliations
- Process transition experience (preferred)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work within a changing environment
- Ability to pro-actively resolve issues