American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization serving customers in more than 100 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional, and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property-casualty networks of any insurer.
AIG has established one of its Global Finance Centres in Budapest in 2012, providing high value, complex services to over 20 countries in EMEA and its European flagship company AIG Europe Limited, located in London.
We are present in the Hungarian marketplace for over 25 years and we have been awarded the Superbrands© title recently.
AIG Europe Limited Branch Office in Hungary
is currently looking for a passionate finance professional to join our Finance Centre as a
Balance Sheet Reconciliation Accountant
(Maternity Cover – 1 year fix term)
- Agree monthly activity calendar with AIG Balance Sheet reconciliation preparation team to ensure that all reconciliations are prepared on time.
- Liaise with Preparation team and local offices to ensure that all necessary support is provided in accordance with the activity calendar.
- Follow up with Preparation team and local staff to ensure that all reconciling items have appropriate action plans, with defined owners and timelines for clearance.
- Monitor reconciliations on a monthly/quarterly basis to ensure that outstanding items are being cleared in accordance with defined plans.
- Maintain the list of balance sheet reconciliations to ensure that it is up to date, that the descriptions and basis of reconciliation are accurate and that all accounts have suitable reviewers assigned.
- Be actively involved in the off shoring initiative, ensuring that AIG Balance Sheet reconciliation preparation team receive all necessary supporting documentation and organise training sessions for all groups accounts with Preparation team and local SMEs.
- Complete the Balance Sheet Exposure reports on a quarterly basis, ensuring that all exposures are adequately disclosed.
Key Capabilities and Experience:
- 3+ years experience in the field of Finance
- Chartered accountant qualification is preferred
- Experience in balance sheet reconciliations
- Previous work experience in the Insurance field is an advantage
- Process transition experience is preferred
What we offer:
- Dynamic, modern work environment
- Continuous and professional learning opportunity
- Competitive compensation and benefits
If you are interested in this opportunity please contact us on the following "Jelentkezés" button.