Our client is a worldwide banking company, one of the world’s leading banking and financial services groups. Their Budapest based SSC is looking for an experienced Balance Sheet and VAT Controls analyst.
Balance Sheet Control:
- Continuous review of Country level Nostro and Cash account breakages/BS accounts and provide reporting on a timely basis.
- Perform Account Owner role by reviewing and coordinating with FRO teams in Manila, Mumbai and Budapest team.
- Act as deputy to BS and VAT control Manager.
- Ensure reportable aged items are reflected in the Monthly AP EMEA MOR reporting.
- Assist the BS Control Manager, the Regional Business Manager and the Risk & Control Manager in reporting and Corrective Action Tracking activities.
- Perform analysis on data and contact responsible persons (reconcilers/Account Owner in e-Recon/Financial Control/etc.) in case of irregularity were found and come up with actions plans and drive if necessary.
- Perform regular and ad-hoc reviews of account ownership mapping for Nostro, Cash and Balance Sheet accounts.
- Work with ESC (Enterprise Supply Chain) AP Balance Sheet Manager to identify the AP core accounts and coordinate with BSSG to have non core AP accounts assigned to appropriate owner.
- Participate on monthly Balance Sheet reviews with ESC AP manager
- Participate monthly Balance Sheet review committee meetings with country Finance and represent AP
- Assist BS Control Manager to develop, document and maintain procedures for all reporting activities.
- Provide functional expertise in Continuous Process Improvement and Reengineering
- Initiatives involving all FA/GL Operations
VAT/Sales Tax Control:
- Assist VAT Global Process Owner in assessing and strengthening ESC AP systems functionality and operational processes in support of the VAT processing and reporting requirements for all countries, hold regular trainings for AP teams.
- Provide support to ESC AP VAT GPO in leading any Global ESC AP VAT or Sales Tax related projects
- Work with VAT GPO in coordinating the Global Project on Refund Directives, main contact for Deloitte
- Work with VAT GPO to monitor refund Directives and look for opportunities to save VAT
- Assist ESC AP VAT manager in standardizing VAT reporting across globe in line with local and regional requirements
- Help support VAT manager to lead VAT automation project
- University degree in accounting / economics
- 4-5 years experience in accounting and tax field within the banking sector
- Experience in VAT reporting and advisory
- Knowledge of EU VAT directives is an advantage
- Advantageous for the candidate to have gained experience in bank account reconciliation activities
- Strong PC skills including advanced Excel typical Financial applications and systems
- Fluent spoken/ written English
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively with culturally diverse client groups
- Ability to work in pressurized environment and to monthly deadlines
Apply directly to Eszter Virag, Recruitment Consultant, for a short pressure free and confidential discussion on this role and other opportunities.