Our Partner is the leading global financial services company, providing broad range of financial products and services to its customers globally.
Balance Sheet Accounting Analyst
- Agree monthly activity calendar with the accounting team to ensure that all reconciliations are prepared on time across EMEA region
- Liaise with local accounting team and virtual offices to ensure that all necessary support is provided in accordance with the activity calendar.
- Follow up with the local staff to ensure that all reconciling items have appropriate action plans, with defined owners and timelines for clearance.
- Monitor reconciliations on a monthly/quarterly basis to ensure that outstanding items are being cleared in accordance with defined plans.
- Maintain the list of balance sheet reconciliations to ensure that it is up to date, that the descriptions and basis of reconciliation are accurate and that all accounts have suitable reviewers assigned.
- Where required, be actively involved in the off shoring initiative, ensuring that the Accountants receive all necessary supporting documentation and organise training sessions for all groups accounts with local SMEs.
- Complete the Balance Sheet Exposure reports on a quarterly basis, ensuring that all exposures are adequately disclosed
- University/College degree, specialized in Accounting/Finance
- 3+ years of experience in an accounting role
- Prior experience with reconciliation reporting tools and applications
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Strong Ms Office computer skills (Excel)
- Strong analytical background
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to meet tight reporting and project deadlines
- Good understanding of capital markets is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong communication skills - written and oral