Our international client operating in the Financial sector is looking for an Audit Manager colleague to join its office in Budapest.
• As Assurance Manager, you'll manage assurance engagements by defining the audit strategy in consultation with the senior manager/partner, and executing it in compliance with their policies and protocols.
• When required, you'll personally execute complex audit procedures and lead teams or parts of teams on engagements, depending on the size of the engagement.
• You'll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships and confirm that work delivered to clients is of a high quality. As part of this, you'll anticipate and identify risks and escalate issues, as appropriate. As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
• Assist in managing the financial aspects of engagements by organizing staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders.
• Participate in business development initiatives.
• Build strong internal relationships within Assurance and across other services.
• Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
• Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training Assurance professionals
• Contribute to the maintenance of an educational program to continually develop personal skills of staff
• Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
• Thorough knowledge of current auditing techniques
• Minimum five years relevant work experience gained at a Big4 company
• Experience of the entire audit process
• Understanding of IFRS and local GAAP
• Detailed understanding of risk-based auditing and risk and control strategies
• Understanding of Quality & Risk Management (Q&RM) procedures
• Compliance with and understanding of regulatory requirements
• Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills in English and Hungarian
• Competitive compensation package
• International working environment
• Young, dynamic team