UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY NOTICE
Title of Position: Associate Recruitment Officer
Position Numbers: 10024206
Category & Level: National Professional Officer, NOB
Location: Talent Outreach & Acquisition Section (TOAS) Budapest Global Service Centre
Duration: initially for a period of one year
Effective Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 8 September 2015
The Associate Recruitment Officer will function under the direct supervision of the Head of Unit. He/She will mainly be responsible for external recruitment for international professional vacancies which includes screening, shortlisting, interviewing and selection. Further, the incumbent will provide advice and support to ensure that the recruitment process is conducted in accordance to the organization’s rules and procedures. The Assoc. Recruitment Officer will have regular and direct contacts with managers (regarding filling posts in their areas), often advising on possible options open to them, and with functional units (regarding clearances). The incumbent will also liaise if needed with the grading unit and external vendors on recruitment matters. The incumbent will deputise the Unit Head in his/her absence and supervise 2 Senior Human Resources Assistants with whom he/she will be working directly. The position is sensitive in that the information the incumbent gives out must be accurate and he/she must respect information which is confidential and use judgement on what can be disclosed.
- Recruitment of staff is completed according to recruitment policies, processes and procedures and the time to hire is within established norms.
- Recruitment best practises are used to hire a diverse workforce - gender, nationality and under-represented groups.
- All stakeholders are well informed of UNHCR Recruitment policies, processes and procedures.
- Oversee preparation of recruitment programmes and advise on preparation of job openings when appropriate.
- Actively participate in shortlisting, assessments and interview processes and ensure compliance to set practises and guidelines for talent pool and externally advertised positions.
- Ensure that an adequate number of ready to hire candidates are maintained in the Talent Pool Profiles to meet the operational demand.
- Ensure that all third parties contracted by UNHCR for assessment (shortlisting/tests) are monitored and evaluated.
- Ensure the Unit budget; expenses are properly recorded.
- Ensure follow up of tendering process with Procurement unit.
- Supervise maintenance of recruitment and assessment records, including MSRP entries into HR recruitment module.
- Ensure that all documentation related to recruitment process is properly archived and up to date.
- Coordinate liaison with other TOAS units and DHRM departments (APS, CMSS, PAPS) when appropriate.
- Coordinate liaison with field missions and HR representatives in the region when appropriate.
- Ensure assessment policies/procedures and processes are implemented.
- Ensure that externally advertised shortlisting is done on time and according to the procedures in the Talent Outreach & Acquisition Section (TOAS).
- Represent DHRM in interview panels and make selection recommendations.
- Enforce compliance with UNHCR staff rules and regulations.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- University degree in Human Resources management, Business Administration or related fields.
- Minimum 4 years of previous relevant work experience with a Bachelor's degree and 2 years with a Master's in progressively responsible functions in Recruitment, in an International context and/or preferably in a UN organisation.
- Good knowledge of recruitment/ assessment tools in an International environment.
- HR IT affinity, experience with ERP recruitment module is essential.
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Empowering and Building Trust
- Managing Performance
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Analytical Thinking
- Technological Awareness
- Planning and Organizing.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of Field humanitarian operational realities.
- Field experience with a UN or International NGO in the field is an asset.
- Knowledge of other UN languages.
Candidates must be primarily Hungarian nationals.
Submission of applications
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your Link megjelenítése (P11) and its Link megjelenítése, motivation letter, CV and copies of your diploma(s) by e-mail with “LAST name –Associate Recruitment Officer (10024206)position” in the subject line to: E-mail cím megjelenítése by 8 September 2015.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to sit for a test. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at this Link megjelenítése.