Assistant Technical Manager, RHI Non-domestic Development - London
Assistant Technical Manager, RHI Non-domestic Development
£24,300 - £28,150 pa
Ofgem is committed to making a positive difference for energy consumers through effective regulation of the market and close working with suppliers to ensure sustainable energy for consumers and businesses in the UK.
The Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) scheme is designed to encourage increased use of renewable fuels in heating and forms a key part of the UK's commitment to reducing carbon emissions. As the administrator of the scheme, Ofgem is responsible for reviewing large volumes of applications to assess eligibility and managing payments to successful applicants.
You'll offer specialist technical and engineering expertise to our development team considering and implementing responses to legislative changes to the RHI scheme and advising colleagues and customers on how these changes affect them. This will involve producing detailed written and verbal analysis to delivery partners on practical implications of legislative change and contributing expert technical advice to policy development. You'll work with colleagues to ensure that our systems and operating procedures for the RHI scheme operate efficiently and, where appropriate, procure specialist technical advice and support from external providers.
• Educated to Masters level in engineering, or a scientific/technical subject, equivalent professional qualification(s), or relevant professional experience
Essential skills and experience:
• Experience of providing technical advice in one or more of the following fields:
- Renewable heat installations
- Heat distribution systems
- Heat measurement and metering
- Sustainable energy assessment
• Experience of interpreting legislation, or implementing Government policy, or alternatively, an aptitude for this which can be demonstrated through similar practical implementation experience
• Proven ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
• Finely tuned attention to detail.
Ofgem can offer you a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, which includes:
• Up to 30 days' annual leave
• Excellent training and development opportunities
• The opportunity to join the Civil Service pension arrangements, which include a valuable range of benefits
• Flexible working hours and family friendly policies
• Subsidised gym and restaurant (London only), and
• an Interest free season ticket loan.
To apply, please go to: www. ofgem .gov.uk/careers
Closing date: 9am, 7th April 2014.
Ofgem is an equal opportunities employer. Protecting consumers and powering the future of the energy debate.
Please mention The GreenJobs Network of Websites when applying to this position.Link megjelenítése" width="0" height="0" />