Assistant Manager, Customer Data Security - Bristol
Customer Insight is Lloyds Banking Group's centre of excellence for customer insight and one-to-one marketing, and is a key source of commercial advantage. Our market leading analytical and lead creation/direct marketing capabilities drive and support actions to help us to achieve our vision. We take data from all the banks customer systems into a central source (the group's data warehouse) to create an accurate single view of our customers. We develop solutions to present huge amounts of data to business users in a format that they can use to deliver valuable insight and customer management strategies.
The Data Governance team within Customer Data are responsible for the safe custody and management of the Groups customer data, and delivery of value added processes to support analytics and customer interaction with minimal risk.
This role will form a key part of a team responsible for security, monitoring and controls around the data warehouse. We ensure that we are able to deliver access and support to the users of the data warehouse in a way that maximises their ability to add value to the business while minimising the risks of inappropriate data access and avoiding the risk of any data loss or unauthorised disclosure.
As the successful applicant you will have an analytical mind, good communication skills, experience in dealing with multiple stakeholders, and the ability to work flexibly to deliver results under pressure.
* Develop and implement processes to ensure data security around the Group Data Warehouse (GDW).
* Ensure the correct controls are in place to support the agreed security control framework.
* Acquire expert knowledge of data security, and specific subject areas (e.g. technical toolsets and group standard security infrastructure) to ensure the right level of support can be delivered to business units using the GDW
* Apply Continuous Improvement to data security processes to keep pace with industry leading thinking and growth in our accountabilities as the warehouse becomes central to strategic insight delivery
* Shape and monitor data security processes and controls as part of ongoing management, engagement, and development of the GDW as a primary asset for Insight and Customer interaction
* Develop and maintain relationships with key customers, suppliers, colleagues and peers to obtain/ exchange information, identify best practices and where appropriate ascertain customers future requirements
* Ensure compliance with the Bank's procedure guidelines, reporting requirements and books of instructions as well as any relevant and statutory requirements
This vacancy is a Fixed Term Contract until 31/12/2014.