Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Legal Entities Group is a global group of within Morgan Stanley with offices in New York, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Budapest. The primary responsibilities of LEG are:
- Customer database management (i.e. creation of newly acquired customers in the core system of Morgan Stanley and maintenance of the records of existing clients), and
- Collection and refresh of certain documents obtained as per the Anti-Money Laundering customer due diligence programs of Morgan Stanley.
We are looking for
Anti-Money Laundering – Compliance Operations Specialist
For fixed term (12 months)
To our Budapest Office
As part of its AML program Morgan Stanley has also established a periodic, risk-based review of customer information (called the Global Rolling Review process, GRR). In course of the GRR process Morgan Stanley requires that certain customer data and documentation obtained during the customer due diligence process are collected and refreshed.
The Budapest GRR team consists of 15 colleagues providing support primarily to the North American and European businesses of Morgan Stanley. Team members primarily conduct reviews on their own while also performing data quality checks on reviews conducted by units outside the Budapest office. Stakeholders of the process include Compliance as owners of the AML/KYC process, Business units in charge of customer relationship management and client contacts and other functions within LEG engaged in customer data management; as a result the team is in frequent contact with the above groups.
- Possess an in-depth understanding of the Firm’s Rolling Review policy and of the internal processes, procedures, reports and controls related to this policy
- Perform data quality checks on work done by the third party vendor to ensure that the Rolling Review requirements have been met.
- Liaise with the vendor for training and to address data quality issues that come up
- Review information / documentation currently on file to assess adequacy and determine what updated or additional information / documentation is required
- Perform research using internal and external sources to attempt to satisfy Rolling Review requirements without BU or client contact
- Use standard templates to produce and distribute requests to BU and clients for required information / documentation
- Liaise with BU and clients to obtain required information / documentation and explain the requirements where necessary
- Review and approve information / documentation obtained
- Update proprietary systems with information / documentation obtained
- Provide status reports and escalate issues to management, as appropriate
- Refine tools (e.g., reports) used to facilitate the Rolling Review process
- Enhance and maintain written procedures
- Bachelors’ degree
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and analytical ability
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to interact effectively with others across departments, regions and time zones
- High level of English language is essential
- Economic or legal qualification
- Previous working experience in finance, banking, operations or at a multinational company is advantageous
- Client On-boarding / anti-money laundering experience
- Other foreign languages advantageous
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please visit our website to the link below.