Administrative Assistant (Human Resources), GS-5, GSCC Office, Budapest, Hungary
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks:
1. Maintain database and filing system.
- Receive, screen, and log incoming/outgoing documents/correspondence along with the necessary background information.
- Maintain a computerized reporting system for effective monitoring and follow- up purposes.
- Maintain proper filing/archiving system of the documents processed by the unit.
- Maintain policy, confidential and general files for reference.
2. Maintain time and attendance records for the unit.
- Ensure the leave and attendance records are up to date.
- Adjust time and attendance in SAP for staff members when required.
3. Prepare, follow up and process administrative requests/documents.
- Assist staff in completing personnel and access forms.
4. Arrange meetings.
- Arrange meetings, both internal and external, and take minutes and or notes at meetings.
5. Perform other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Chief of Section.
- Completion of secondary education (i.e. high school diploma) is a minimum requirement.
- University level courses in business administration are desirable.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of Products (including MS Word, MS Excel & MS PowerPoint) is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience in provision of administrative support is required.
- Previous hands-on experience in planning, organizing and delivering administrative support services to senior executives is highly desirable.
- Work experience with a development organization also an asset.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) is required. Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the local language of the duty station is an asset.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Communicates effectively.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Sets high levels of quality and productivity for self.
- Analyzes and integrates verbal, numerical and other types of data.
- Rapidly learns new tasks relevant to own job and quickly commits information to memory.
- Sets self clearly defined tasks in line objectives set by the line manager.
- Follows spoken and written instructions without unnecessarily challenging others' authority.
Please note that this is a mass recruitment campaign for the newly established GSSC Office in Budapest, Hungary.
Please be informed that all applications to UNICEF are handled via UNICEF's online recruiting system. You can apply to the above position by submitting your application on our web site.
Kindly note that all applications should be in English and that applications outside of the online recruiting system will not be accepted.