Accountant, Budapest, Hungary ( Job Ref: 1872231)
As part of our growing Finance team, you will be an integral part of our Global Operations Center in Budapest, Hungary. As an Accountant you will be responsible for partnering with one of GE’s global business units, actively participating in the monthly and quarterly close process for that entity. This will include:-
- Preparation and analysis of schedules used in reported financial statements for statutory, managerial or SEC requirements, ensuring the integrity and accuracy of reported balances
- Closing various ERP general ledger modules, including sub-ledger management, consolidation and re-valuation
- Financial analysis of balance sheet accounts and review of related business processes
- Global balance sheet account reconciliations
- Co-ordination with business Finance stakeholders on closing activities and financial reporting routines
- Development of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for operational and transactional processes that impact the financial statements, including closing, reporting and analysis.
What we are looking for in a Accountant:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other business related field
- Proficiency in the English language together with a second European language
- Capable of forging strong relationships with finance and non-finance colleagues and work effectively with others
- Proven analytical skills
- Highly organised with demonstrated ability to meet commitments within strict deadlines
- Embrace change in response to new information and in different or unexpected circumstances
- Integrity: accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions and when dealing with others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum computer Literacy: MS Office, particularly Excel.
GE’s Global Operations Centre in Budapest is an integral part of GE’s global strategy to drive service innovation and simplification across the Company’s operations. The center will provide integrated shared services to GE businesses across Europe and beyond, with specialized teams addressing local language, regulations and logistics requirements from one centralized location. The investment in the center will create hundreds of jobs over the next few years - come join us and be a part of our growing team!
To submit your application for this opportunity, please select the APPLY button.